Monday, November 05, 2012

It's Monday and I'm COUNTing!

I would've been here sooner, but the Internet has hated my guts today. And then when it did get working I was in a panic and spent the last four and a half hours grading papers and discussion forums for my online classes! A worthy cause, but blogging is much more fun.

What's new in my reading?

This book has eaten all other books...


Because let's just face it, if I don't start off with a bang and read super fast I will not finish. And that is unacceptable! Especially when I'm undertaking the Count Readalong as hosted by The Estella Society and as orchestrated by Heatheroo.

We're already having a heck of a time discussing on Twitter (#countRAL). Especially when it comes to the evil Danglars. I know, I giggle like a 12-year-old whenever I type it, too. Luckily the narrator on the audio version I'm listening to pronounces it "dang-lars." I laugh a little less.

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "I love this book but it's SO long." Or maybe, "I just read it a couple of years ago, and I'm not sure I'm ready to revisit it." I respect all of those excuses. So why not read an EROTICIZED VERSION???!!! Gives a whole new meaning to Danglars.


I actually read this for review several years ago. Pretty naughty, but fun, and I hadn't even read Count then! Possibly a good thing. 
So what are you reading? Anything I need to hoard until I'm done with Count



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by the super-awesome Sheila of BookJourney



20 comments:

  1. I'm reading Man in the Blue Moon by Michael Morris and Sad Desk Salad buy Jessica Grose. I'm not far enough in either one of them to know if you should hoard them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh ooh! I keep seeing good things about Sad Desk Salad! Looking forward to your thoughts on that one, especially.

      Delete
  2. Love being naughty every once in a while! :) Makes the week go faster ;)
    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?? Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

      Delete
  3. Yessssss! Count of Monte Cristo forever! I hope you will love every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks, Jenny. So far, so good!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - how many hours it Count on audio? I don't even think my little nano is big enough to hold the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, like 47??? #gonnaeatmylife

      Delete
  5. Count of Monte Cristo is one of those classics I always forget how good it is until I make myself get into it (Jane Eyre is another). Maybe I need to pick up a copy!

    Just started Carlos Ruiz-Zafron's "The Prisoner of Heaven" and am very excited about it..I love the whole concept of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I need to make myself get into Jane Eyre again!

      I love that concept too, which is why I think I should give him a break and try more of his stuff.

      Delete
  6. i read comc last year. once i finish the three musketeers trilogy (i'm on the last "book", which is actually a 3-4 books depending on publisher), i am going to read justin cronin's sequel to the passage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Twelve is high on my list as well. I used to have a fear of chunky books but not so much anymore!

      Delete
  7. I just finished a big, fat book (Our Mutual Friend). Now I'm reading Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper and sneaking in some Walking Dead vol.1. Just the other day I was standing in the bookstore, trying to decide whether to buy The Count of Monte Cristo, and I was really tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy! Buy!!! lol

      Our Mutual Friend is a big 'un. I have David Copperfield languishing on my shelves and will likely pick it up before the end of the year or early next. I used to be scared but now I'm a fan of the big chunky books!

      Delete
  8. I loved The Count of Monte Cristo. I can't wait to hear what you think of it when all is said and done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! I should be done by 2013!

      Delete
  9. I loved The Count of Monte Christo when I was a kid, wish I could count with you! I can see how all other reading needs to be put aside though, that is one long book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could Count with us, too! It is definitely a book that takes attention and devotion. Good stuff!

      Delete
  10. Aw man, I commented but blogger ate it. :( Boo!

    I babbled a bit about how I'll be reading Count sooner or later because it's on my Classics Club list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I wish you were reading with us!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!