Monday, December 10, 2012

Things Are Revving Up!

Whew! Today is my last day before the new job starts, and I've been running around like a crazy lady trying to do last minute things to make life easier leading up to Christmas! By noon I had...

  • Shopped for groceries, including the ingredients I'll need for Christmas goodies (almond bars, dipped pretzel sticks, peanut butter blossoms, cranberry bread, and Texas Trash). Not to mention some friendly take-to-work items like Greek yogurt cups, cheese sticks, and such. 
  • Shopped for Christmas gifts -- stocking stuffers and some clothes for Greyson. 
  • Shopped for clothes! I had a gift card to one of my fave stores, and I found some hella good deals on shoes and clothes (blouses for work, $6)! 
When I got home, I whipped up some Mongolian beef that I can take for lunch later in the week. I will also be mixing up some bruschetta fixins, and I'd be wise to mix up and freeze some pumpkin pancakes. While I have lots of good plans in my head, I kinda doubt I'll get around to all of these. 

I've also now officially picked out my Return To Work outfit...


Are those shoes heavenly or what? Vera Wang. On sale y'all. 

And did I mention I have a horrible cold? I actually don't feel too bad, but I sound extremely horribly bad. Like Tanya Tucker ate razor blades. Picture that! 

I have every intention of spending my evening on the couch with the heat cranked up since it'll be 29 degrees tonight (in Texas!). Probably with this book...


I've mentioned my slow reading mojo, but this might be the book to break me out of it. Making an Exit: From the Magnificent to the Macabre -- How We Dignify the Dead by Sarah Murray. Holiday'ish right? Not really, but it's interesting and I haven't read much non-fiction this year. I think it might be the something different I need right now. 

How's your Monday? 






21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are very energized to start your new job! Good luck with everything. P.S...I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first day tomorrow! The outfit is gorgeous from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your first day tomorrow! The outfit is gorgeous from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute shoes! Have a good cozy evening with your book! And good luck in the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 29 degrees in Texas! Wow, we've got a cold front coming, but it's only gonna be in the 40s here. It sounds like you are ready to tear things up tomorrow! I'd say good luck, but I don't think you'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you are going to look great tomorrow! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I LOVE that sweater! And the shoes, but mostly the burst of color that the sweater brings - I can imagine you going to work all cheerful and bright and confident. GOOD LUCK!

    Yum, pumpkin pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! Have fun tomorrow. You were superwoman today.

    And I love the cover on that books. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors of your outfit. They're going to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great luck on your first day :) Those shoes are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Andi! You have done so much in such a short amount of time! I also love the wardrobe choice! Purple is one of my favorite colors! I can't wait for you to start your new job!! Congratulations, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your back to work outfit is adorable. I hope you had a great day and you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm slow at commenting this week, but yay for the new job and best of luck! I love the new outfit. Bright colors. I'm so boring and wear mostly neutrals. I need to spice it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a good first day! Yesterday was like the busiest day of my entire year. But, though I did tons of stuff and got paid nothing, you will get paid for today. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..making an exit sounds awesome! And your back to work outfit is AMAZING! I LOVE those shoes Andi!!! Seriously love them :D And you're making me drool with all of the food you mentioned. Now just get better Andi!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck on your first day, the outfit looks fab! And post a recipe for the beef and the pancakes please, both sound interesting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sound like wonder woman a little bit!! You'll knock their socks off with that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm late to the party--and know that you had a great first day--but I wanted to wish you the best with your new job just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, aren't you a breath of fresh air! So glad I found your blog. I hope the first day was amazing, and the rest of them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Different" often helps me get out of a reading rut.

    LOVE the back-to-work outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope the new job is going swimmingly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!