Monday, December 10, 2012

Things Are Revving Up!

Whew! Today is my last day before the new job starts, and I've been running around like a crazy lady trying to do last minute things to make life easier leading up to Christmas! By noon I had...

  • Shopped for groceries, including the ingredients I'll need for Christmas goodies (almond bars, dipped pretzel sticks, peanut butter blossoms, cranberry bread, and Texas Trash). Not to mention some friendly take-to-work items like Greek yogurt cups, cheese sticks, and such. 
  • Shopped for Christmas gifts -- stocking stuffers and some clothes for Greyson. 
  • Shopped for clothes! I had a gift card to one of my fave stores, and I found some hella good deals on shoes and clothes (blouses for work, $6)! 
When I got home, I whipped up some Mongolian beef that I can take for lunch later in the week. I will also be mixing up some bruschetta fixins, and I'd be wise to mix up and freeze some pumpkin pancakes. While I have lots of good plans in my head, I kinda doubt I'll get around to all of these. 

I've also now officially picked out my Return To Work outfit...

Are those shoes heavenly or what? Vera Wang. On sale y'all. 

And did I mention I have a horrible cold? I actually don't feel too bad, but I sound extremely horribly bad. Like Tanya Tucker ate razor blades. Picture that! 

I have every intention of spending my evening on the couch with the heat cranked up since it'll be 29 degrees tonight (in Texas!). Probably with this book...

I've mentioned my slow reading mojo, but this might be the book to break me out of it. Making an Exit: From the Magnificent to the Macabre -- How We Dignify the Dead by Sarah Murray. Holiday'ish right? Not really, but it's interesting and I haven't read much non-fiction this year. I think it might be the something different I need right now. 

How's your Monday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik