Monday, December 17, 2012

This Is My Hair On Fire

Not me. Thank goodness.
WOW! If you smell something burning, it's my hair on fire!

Week One at my new job went swimmingly. Only problem: I have been sick with a ridiculous hacking cough. No other symptoms really, except pesky seasonal allergies (thanks to the wonky Texas weather). I have a doc appointment on Thursday morning, and I'm just hoping it's not bronchitis.

Alas, my hair wouldn't really be burning out of control if it weren't for this absolutely NOT RESTFUL weekend. All of my online grades were due this morning which threw me into hours, days, of research paper grading, spreadsheet making, and general drudgery. But it's done now. *happy dance*

We also had my mom's side of the family's Christmas celebration yesterday which meant a whole lotta cookin' for me. I made Texas Trash (Chex mix on crack), chocolate-dipped pretzels, and peanut butter blossom cookies. Oh! And Meg's super fantabulous almond bars. 

Needless to say, Greyson had a GREAT time opening gifts. He received a set of magnetic blocks, bath crayons, a triceratops monster truck, LeapFrog laptop, a package of five capes (super hero style), and a set of monkey lounge pillow and blanket.

He calls the capes his "Hero-ro." He is IN LOVE with them. Had a full-on toddler meltdown when I wouldn't let him take one of the capes to school today.

Other than that, not a whole lot shakin'. That's enough! Trust me!

This weekend should be fun. I'm heading out to Waco to spend a few days with David, and when I get back it'll be Christmas time!!! Greyson has more presents under the tree with his name on them, and I hope the Rockets like their gifts too.

Reading? Non-existent. *sigh*

What are you up to?  






19 comments:

  1. It's that time of year, isn't it? We are all so busy but happy to hear that things are going well and it is all "good" busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chex mix on crack. Explains how your hair got on fire. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Christmas in stages too, meaning loads of gifts. My toddler has become used to presents now and just asks for more. January will be a wake-up call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, you gotta get me the Texas Trash recipe. Sounds like it would be a hit in the Burton domicile! Lucky that Greyson gets his own little 12 Days of Christmas =) Those are the fun days. Glad you are adapting well at the new office, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, it sounds like you and Greyson had a wonderful time with your family. I am just about to start my holiday preparations and begin to make some cookies and other edibles. I am doing peanut blossoms too. I think they are a staple of Christmas; that and homemade fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad you like the almond bars -- they're some of my faves, courtesy of Spencer's grandma. I haven't been getting much reading done lately, either -- just wayyyyy too much going on! All of it exciting, but it's just crazy busy. Hope you get to feeling better, and so glad to hear your first week of work went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture, Andi. It's always great when your kid receives the perfect gift. I bet Greyson will enjoy his capes for months to come. I've been reading but at a pretty slow rate. Luckily, I don't mind. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first week of work!! I hope your doctor gives you a clean bill of health -- I had bronchitis in middle school and it was no fun. Rotten seasonal coughs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to hear the new job is going well! I am knee-deep...maybe chest deep? in preparing for the Christmas holidays - I am trying to cut myself slack but with basically two Christmases to host over a ten day period, with guests the entire time, it's sort of difficult! As for reading, I am almost done with the Passage which has given me the worst insomnia - the virals scare the crap out of me. I will be glad to be finished with this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So hilarious about the capes! I've had the chex trash, before. Not sure it was called Texas Trash by the people who served it, but I know what it is and I'm with Marie - need a recipe. That stuff is sin with a crunch.

    Glad you're enjoying yourself! I'm trying. I decorated like crazy but nobody except Kiddo will be here with us for Christmas. Seems like a waste not to have loads of people to share the sparkle with. Happy Holidays, Andiloo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok--I think we need to see montage pictures of G in all five of the capes. LOVE!! And so thrilled to hear that the job is going well--despite the cough (my nose is permanently congested...tired of this weather!). Um, and share the Texas Trash recipe???

    My reading is non-existent as well. I've even given up trying to listen to Bleak House. FAIL!! Though I'm still a bit baffled why Lorna cancelled book club this month. She sent me cryptic tweet that said it was partly because no regulars showed up? Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had my cough for over a month :(
    I love the gift of capes! Do they make them for moms?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I won't lie...I kind of want those capes myself...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that your new job is going well!!!!!!

    And come on, you don't do your hair like that normally????? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound like very respectable reasons to be busy, busy, busy! Now make sure you get some relaxation time in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of us seem to be running around with our hair on fire at this time of year. Whew. Fortunately next week is Christmas and maybe we can kick back for a few days.

    Happy about your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had the hacking cough two weeks ago and it did turn out to be bronchitis. Hope you're feeling better! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas! Hope the cough settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, so I think I need some Texas trash. Because that name is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!