Monday, December 17, 2012

This Is My Hair On Fire

Not me. Thank goodness.
WOW! If you smell something burning, it's my hair on fire!

Week One at my new job went swimmingly. Only problem: I have been sick with a ridiculous hacking cough. No other symptoms really, except pesky seasonal allergies (thanks to the wonky Texas weather). I have a doc appointment on Thursday morning, and I'm just hoping it's not bronchitis.

Alas, my hair wouldn't really be burning out of control if it weren't for this absolutely NOT RESTFUL weekend. All of my online grades were due this morning which threw me into hours, days, of research paper grading, spreadsheet making, and general drudgery. But it's done now. *happy dance*

We also had my mom's side of the family's Christmas celebration yesterday which meant a whole lotta cookin' for me. I made Texas Trash (Chex mix on crack), chocolate-dipped pretzels, and peanut butter blossom cookies. Oh! And Meg's super fantabulous almond bars. 

Needless to say, Greyson had a GREAT time opening gifts. He received a set of magnetic blocks, bath crayons, a triceratops monster truck, LeapFrog laptop, a package of five capes (super hero style), and a set of monkey lounge pillow and blanket.

He calls the capes his "Hero-ro." He is IN LOVE with them. Had a full-on toddler meltdown when I wouldn't let him take one of the capes to school today.

Other than that, not a whole lot shakin'. That's enough! Trust me!

This weekend should be fun. I'm heading out to Waco to spend a few days with David, and when I get back it'll be Christmas time!!! Greyson has more presents under the tree with his name on them, and I hope the Rockets like their gifts too.

Reading? Non-existent. *sigh*

What are you up to?  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik