Monday, January 28, 2013

I've Been a Bad, Bad Girl...NEW BOOKS!

So you know how I mentioned NOT needing to bring any additional books into the house??? Well, then, like a day later a buddy of mine let me pilfer through her stack of ARCs and some more books LEAPT into my arms, and we all came home, one bigger, happier family.

The new acquisitions are...


How to Be a Woman, by Caitlin Moran, has gotten quite the mixed bag of reviews. Also, doesn't she look more than a little like she borrowed Helena Bonham Carter's stylist for the day? 

Drop Dead Healthy, by A.J. Jacobs, will go on the TBR right next to The Year of Living Biblically

Eight Girls Taking Pictures, by Whitney Otto, has a great cover!!! Shallow reason, I know, but whatev. Also, I really liked the film adaptation of Otto's book How to Make An American Quilt, so we'll see how her writing goes over. 

The Lost Art of Mixing, by Erica Bauermeister, is foodie fiction. Enough said. 

The Stockholm Octavo, by Karen Engelman, sounds atmospheric and mysterious. And I keep seeing reviews of it pop up all over, too. Might as well give it a go!

And finally, the ever-lovely Trish let me borrow her copy of B.A. Shapiro's The Art Forger because I wasn't able to get ahold of it before our book club meeting. I'm a sucker for fiction involving art, so I'm really looking forward to this one (soon, very soon). 

What new beauties have wormed their way onto your shelves lately? Make me feel better. Go! Or maybe you've read some of my new acquisitions? Let me know what you thought. 

Currently Reading: Portnoy's Complaint...for what feels like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik