Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Panning Portnoy..or Another Snarky Review

I cannot force myself to finish this one. While I'm well-acquainted with Roth and his themes and his tropes, I just don't give much of a damn. 

Penises, guilt, more penises, aging, penises, sex, libido, guilt. A punch line. Uggh and uggh. 

He's nearly as tiresome in his stereotypical machismo as John Updike and that's enough for me to leave this one unfinished. I adored The Human Stain, I totally dug The Dying Animal, but Alexander Portnoy is just not my cup of anything. 

Humor, yes. Interesting, no.

Snuggle -- Skewer

Pub. Date: 1969
Publisher: Knopf
Format: Paperback
ISBN-13: 9780679756453
Source: Bought a gazillion years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik