So the progress on the January Cure tasks has slowed considerably in recent weeks. I ran out of money for any big changes (one of the problems associated with getting paid once per month and some stupid car repairs). But I've managed to keep some of the organizing going. I have some stuff leftover from the original January Cure list, some items I've added to my own want-to-do list, and some long-term goals. Let's get started...
Items Left From the January Cure To-Do List:
1. Empty the Outbox -- these will go to My Sister's Closet, a resale shop that helps fund a domestic violence shelter
2. Stock green cleaners -- I'm considering Branch Basics
3. Landing Strip: door mat -- still need
4. Clean up cords -- NA, not much of an issue at my house
5. Hang artwork -- I'm a bum here, although I did get some diplomas on the walls of the office
6. Shop for get-together goodies -- TONIGHT!
Projects on my Want-to-Do List:
1. Paint accent wall in the bedroom -- have paint, need supplies and time
2. Paint Greyson's room -- arrange to have paint purchased at a discount
3. Rearrange artwork in kitchen -- TONIGHT!
4. Hang a curtain behind unused window in bedroom -- need rods
5. Artwork in the bathroom -- must buy/create
6. Repaint entertainment center -- $$$
7. Organize drawers and cabinets with baskets/containers (medicine, food storage bowls, etc.) -- DONE! Got some inexpensive bins from the dollar store and it's heavenly
DIY's and Future Projects (as funds/time are available)
1. Add plants -- DONE! Air plants ordered and on their way from Etsy! So cheap.
2. Put in raised beds for veggie gardening -- need David's manpower
3. Beautify hedges out front -- need motivation and Mom's clippers
4. Add front lawn furniture and accents (adirondack chairs?) - $$$
4. Add deck furniture out back -- $$$
5. Create a gallery wall in the hallway - create artwork and frame photos
6. Create quirky artwork for Greyson's room and elsewhere -- need inspiration
7. Grow collection of accents (including seasonal) -- $$$
8. Focus on lightening up dark rooms -- $$$
I've found a couple of new sites I absolutely love. The first is CTSairplants. They have a full website and an Etsy store, and I managed to get a package of five varieties of airplant, an urchin shell for "planting" for about $6 (before shipping). Unfortunately, shipping was another $6, but it's still cheaper than buying them anywhere else.
The other site I'm obsessed with is called Appleberry Attic. They have wonderful sewn home decor goodies like the 18"x18" pillow cover above. I snagged two of these when they came through Groopdealz.com on sale. Now I just need to get a couple of pillow forms. They go with my living room perfectly, and I can't wait to stick the cover back on my couch and add these cuties.
I also picked up two of Appleberry Attic's reusable snack bags when they went on sale on Groopdealz. They're lined with a non-staining nylon. I use them to carry little things in my lunch: crackers, baby carrots, or whatever. They also have sandwich bags, and I'll probably invest in some of those soon.
Tonight's to-do list for my "I Cleaned My House" party is relatively short...
- Buy groceries
- Surface clean
- Rearrange kitchen artwork
- Stash any unpacked bags/boxes (not many left)