Friday, April 26, 2013

Anticipationnnnn! Read-a-Thon Pre-Post!

Ohhhhh, my lovelies! I've added to my Read-a-Thon stack in a big way this week...


I have this silly tendency to forget that I work on a university campus with a UNIVERSITY LIBRARY. And since we have a strong English program and a strong Education program, there are lots of YA and middle reader books, graphic novels, and other Read-a-Thon-worthy picks in our library!!!

This picture is what happens when I remember.

I mentioned the shorties on top earlier in the week because they come from my home piles. Yesterday I picked up the following from the uni.

  • Paper Towns by John Green (because I've NEVER READ JOHN GREEN!)
  • Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
  • Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine
  • Steampunk! a collection edited by Kelly Link
  • Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
So I do have a strategy for this Read-a-Thon. With one previous hosting experience under my belt back in October, I know this about myself:
  • I get really excited and wake up far too early
  • I get all amped up on energy and do administrative things early in the day while Heather is hosting
  • I hit a wall early afternoon and need to read/relax/step back
  • I NEED to take a nap mid to late afternoon
  • I get back into the fray in a big way in the evening -- my co-hosting shift goes on at 10 or 11pm
My reading strategy this year is to start with books I have sitting around half-finished. This includes The Obituary Writer (about 100 pages left), The Little Princess (about 100 pages left), and as of last night Paris: A Love Story (200 pages maybe?). And I will inevitably read some graphic novels because my eyes will hurt. A lot. At some point. 

How are you tackling this season's Read-a-Thon? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik