Monday, April 01, 2013

Currently... It's Monday.

Ok, I admit it. I'm stealing today's format. In fact, Heather stole it from Kim and I stole it from Heather. Maybe "borrowed" is a nicer word? 
These are Heather's knees. 
Time // 8:08am on Monday
Place // At my work desk. I have coffee, but I can't get into the break room for Sweet-n-Low. Boo!
Eating // About to start on a oatmeal toaster thingamajig. Orange and cranberry. Yum!
Drinking // Coffee...two creams, two SnL's I can't access. Therefore, the coffee is technically on hold. 
Reading // I’m starting Strangers in Paradise for the MOOC Gender Through Comics course Heather and I are taking. Kelly, Ana, and some others are also getting into the mix. So excited! I'm also trying to finish up Little House on the Prairie in the evenings for Lisa's Little House Readalong. I'm listening to The Night Circus in the car. :) 
Watching //David and I polished off the available episodes of Tanked on Netflix this weekend. I had no idea a show about over-the-top aquariums could be so entertaining. For example, they engineered and installed this 57,000 gallon tank at a church in south Dallas. I wanna go see it now!

Listening // There's been a lot of Macklemore, Alex G covers, and Alabama Shakes spinnin' around here lately. 
Pondering // How really and truly blessed I am! Isn't that a great feeling, to just be grateful? 
Blogging // As much as possible. With work slowing down, I expect I'll be reading and blogging regularly again.
Promoting // April’s #EstellaGram Bookish Photo-a-Day challenge! I crapped out on the March version because of work madness, but I'm back in it this month! 
Hating // Allergies. Hardcore. 
Anticipating // The April 2013 Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon! And Greyson's upcoming 3rd birthday party!
What are you reading? What are you doing? 

This meme is powered by Sheila at BookJourney.


  1. I dig this format. I might be joining the borrowers one day ;)

    I'm really looking forward to the read-a-thon too, yay! I love that event to bits!

    Have a great week

    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I thought it was kinda fun for a change. And I'm so glad you're joining us for the Read-a-Thon. Wanna volunteer to do some of the things??? lol

  2. Andi, is that you? :-) I'm glad things are slowing down at work for you. You have so much to do between work, Estella Society, Greyson. . . Have a good week.

    1. Girl, I am SO glad things are slowing back down to a somewhat normal pace. I still have lots coming up in the next few weeks: Greyson's birthday party, an awards gala for work, a ribbon cutting at a new off-site location, ropes course, etc. BUT the everyday should be a little lower-key than it has been. :)

  3. I love Alabama Shakes! You HAVE to go see that aquarium and then blog about it.

    1. Aren't they great, Kathy!? I love them. Looove Brittany's voice.

      I'll keep y'all posted if I make it to the church with the aquarium. It's really amazing!

  4. Fun format - I might have to extend the borrowing line . . .

  5. That's an absolutely amazing aquarium! My Monday started off with a lot of sleeping, as I am recovering from an injury. I will be reading and eating the ears off of a chocolate bunny later in the afternoon, and for dinner, the hubs will probably toss something on the grill. That's my Monday in a nutshell!

    1. Isn't it pretty? Stinkin' amazing to watch the bits about its creation. Wow!

      I hope you're up and around soon!

      And that sounds like a pretty good Monday. Nothing wrong with bunny ears and grilled stuff. :D

  6. Yay for life slowing down! I am SUPER psyched for the readathon. Something always seems to come up the weekend of the spring readathon, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this year will remain open (it is so far, anyway).

  7. Oh

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you did your Monday post! So cool that I want to steal it, too!

    New follower

    My Monday Post

    Eva @ All Books Considered

  8. This is such a fun format to read. I'd borrow it, myself, if I hadn't already written a Malarkey post and pre-posted something for Tuesday.

    WHOA! I cannot believe Greyson's already about to turn 3! Side not: I also can't believe my youngest child is 21. That is just too weird.

    I had an unusual Monday. Husband needed a ride to the airport so I dropped him off and did some shopping, popped by the physical therapist's office to ask for a refund of the money they overcharged me ('cause even when my neck locked up, last week, I just did my exercises and . . . no problem, back to normal, don't need them anymore, woot!) and bought some seedlings to plant. Lavender! Tomatoes! Basil! Red pepper! The pollen definitely sucks but now I'm all excited. I love planting. Plus, they gave me a free 6-pack of tomato seedlings!!! *fist pump*

    Happy Monday, Andiloo!!!

  9. I just started Sam Byer's Idiopathy. And doing- trying to get the energy to go start dinner.

  10. Great post! I might have to "steal" this idea for a post one day but of course I will give you all credit too!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik