I wasn't sure I'd participate in Once Upon a Time VII this time since my job has been such a nightmare, but alas I cannot NOT participate!
Thursday, March 21st begins the seventh annual Once Upon a Time Challenge. This is a reading and viewing event that encompasses four broad categories: Fairy Tale, Folklore, Fantasy and Mythology, including the seemingly countless sub-genres and blending of genres that fall within this spectrum. The challenge continues through Friday, June 21st and allows for very minor (1 book only) participation as well as more immersion depending on your reading/viewing whims.
I'm jumping in on The Journey. That is, I commit to participate, but I'm not sure how many books or which category they'll fall into.
Here's a sampling of the books at my disposal, that fit into the categories (Fairy Tale, Fantasy, Folklore, Mythology), snatched from my Goodreads database.
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
- Corsets & Clockwork, collection
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- Burning Your Boats: The Short Fiction of Angela Carter
- The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Birds of a Lesser Paradise by Megan Mayhew Bergman
And this is where I stopped looking. There are plenty more!
Are you getting in on the action this year? What book(s) are you most anticipating?