Monday, April 08, 2013

Personally: Engaged!!!!

**Apologies to all of you on Facebook and Twitter for whom this is old news. Ha!

WHAT a weekend! I feel like I say that a lot lately, but it's true. Have I mentioned here that David and I have been talking about getting married? Well, we have. We've been talking about it since Valentine's Day to be exact. And several weeks ago we picked out an engagement ring and wedding band for me. And then the waiting began.

Friday night was an event for a new university location. I had to cover that and write up the press release, etc. I finally fell into bed around 11:00pm and had to get up at 4:00am to go to an all-day ropes course with a leadership class I'm involved with through the university. To say I was dreading this day is the understatement of the year.

As it turns out, the day wasn't as bad as I expected. I had fun and came home exhausted around 8pm.

David was super excited to be picking up the engagement ring we picked out, and I knew the proposal was coming, but I didn't know exactly how it would all go down.

As we pulled into the parking lot from the ropes day, I saw him parked at the back of the lot. He walked up with roses and a huuuuge grin. All my classmates were gathered around (and taking pics I haven't received yet), and he dropped to one knee and said, "Andi Miller, I've wanted to ask you this for 14 years, and I cannot wait any longer. Will you marry me?"

And I said YES, OF COURSE.

Me: hot, tired, stinky. Him: fresh as a daisy.
The ring! Love the profile on this. 

Sparkle sparkle!

A preview with the band.

Today I've spent a good bit of time running around to show friends and colleagues this gorgeous ring. I've e-mailed with David and Heather about wedding planning. In fact, I might as well go ahead and tell you, Heather, my bestest-ever friend for 12 year WHO I HAVE NEVER MET IN REAL LIFE (it's a shame, I tell you), will actually be making the trip to Texas with her hubs to be my Matron of Honor.

SO EXCITED IS ME.

To read more about our wedding and to read the story of how David and I met 14 years ago, visit the wedding blog. Note: the wedding blog has come down temporarily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik