Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introductions

1. Tell us a little about yourself...

I've been blogging here at Estella's Revenge for 8 years, and spent the year prior to that at a now-defunct blog called The Wasteland. I started blogging just as I started graduate school, which means there was a lot more cursing back then. Now I blog about books and whatever else moves me. That often includes gardening, food, home decor, my awesome child, and whatever else seems bloggable!

In my everyday life, I'm the Director of Public Relations for a university in north Texas. I also teach online classes; I've spent the last nine years teaching English in higher education. I have an adorable 3-year-old named Greyson and am engaged to an adorable 33-year-old named David.

And I should also mention that I'm profiled over at Book Bloggers International today! A happy accident indeed.

2. Favorite books read in 2013...

I've read some great books this year that I've really, really enjoyed. That's one of the upsides of a "free range reading" attitude. I read whatever strikes my fancy and generally ditch anything that isn't enjoyable.

3. Favorite post I've written...

Definitely this one. A reflection on how becoming a mother changed my reading perspective.

4. One thing y'all might not know...

One night last week, my son and I were sitting out on the deck as it was getting dark outside. We usually don't hang outside that late in the evening, but he suddenly wanted to go outside, so I didn't protest. He was casually playing with sticks, and I saw a dead bird fall out of a tree, into the yard, in my peripheral vision. Needless to say, we went back inside. Ugh!

5. Favorite thing about the blogging community...

Meeting new virtual friends! I've made some very real and lasting friendships through this community. Most notably, my Matron of Honor in my wedding is Heather! My bestest friend who I met online and have been e-mailing for 12 years.

It's also a pleasure to work on community-building projects in the blogosphere. Heather and I host Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon and we're the founders of The Estella Society.

It's nice to meet anyone new who may be flowing through for Armchair BEA!!! Have a great week, y'all!

If you're interested in what I've been reading lately, take a minute to watch this video blog (vlog) post! 

The Gene Yang book I couldn't remember is The Eternal Smile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik