Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pinning and DOING in May!

May marks another round of Pin It and Do It hosted by the effervescent and kickass, Trish of Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity. Pinterest went by the wayside in April because it was just, well, overwhelming. All of April was overwhelming. I typically use the later hours of my workday to pin (if time allows) because my brain is generally leaking out my left ear at that point. Sadly, I was too dang busy to leak in April.

So now I'm back in it to win it at the "Pinterested" level with a commitment to complete 4-7 pins. So my first completed pin came early in the month when I discovered SUGAR ANTS IN MY KITCHEN. I was so not a happy camper. Those little effers can sneak in anywhere, and they made their happy little trail right down from my kitchen window to my counters.

I was looking for an immediate and effective way to fight off the little buggers, so of course I turned to Pinterest and found these easy, organic tips. In addition to cleaning off my countertops, stashing any cluttery stuff that impeded my view, wiping the whole place down with vinegar, and sweeping/mopping, I also put out a BIG ASS PLATE OF CINNAMON. It was big enough to warrant all caps. Seriously.

The next day: far fewer ants. There were a few stragglers, but not nearly the bunch I'd had before. Since then, I've put out good ole fashioned bait traps, but I'm leaving the cinnamon for its effectiveness, too.

Pins on my horizon:

What are you pinning and doing these days? 

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik