Sunday, June 02, 2013

Armchair BEA Wrap Up! and Graphic Novel Recs!
This week has been SO GREAT! I've had a blast posting for Armchair BEA. It gave me a little project to work on all week, and it felt great to push myself to write more in a week's time than I would normally do.

Recapping the Week:
Day 1: Introductions and a Video Blog!
Day 2: Development and Genre!
Day 3: Literary Fiction!
Day 4: Ethics and Non-Fiction!
Day 5: Keepin' It Real!


I will definitely be revisiting the links and posts to our discussions of Development and Ethics. There were some great ideas here for ongoing improvements.

I also did one very smart thing this week. As I visited blogs I wanted to revisit (and there were a lot!), I added them to my Feedly. This is a downfall of mine. If I procrastinate on this step, I lose touch with great people.

Finally, I have to say thank you to all the bloggers who poured their energies into this week. It's been wonderful to meet you! For all the giveaways, and all the wonderful work by the Armchair BEA organizers, thank youuuu!

Today's Armchair BEA prompt also invited us to talk about any genres we didn't get around to this week. I've loved graphic novels and illustrated books for what seems like forever, so here are some recs for ya!

Mail Order Bride by Mark Kalesniko - lesser-known, odd, intriguing
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol - twisty, fun
Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan - a mixture of images and short story text, gorgeous illustration, offbeat stories

American Born Chinese by Gene Yang - intertwined stories of difference
French Milk by Lucy Knisley - graphic memoir, food, fun

I'll be back this week with regular posting. I have lots of stuff I still need to review, so these are all fair game...

  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
  • So Many Books, So Little Time by Sarah Nelson
  • Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
  • Confessions of a Sociopath by M.E. Nelson
And I've added a scandalous amount of books to my shelves and reader lately, so I'll need to gush about those and ALL THE THINGS I'm excited about. 

In the meantime, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik