Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday!!!! I am a Reading Fool!

Hosted by Super Sheila at BookJourney.
What a fantastic weekend. Like, superb. Greyson is usually with Chuck on the weekends, but since C-Daddy was out of town , Greyson got to hang with David and me. While there was much laziness and cartoon watching and lounging, we also spent the afternoon on Saturday grabbing lunch, playing at the splash park, feeding ducks, and having ice cream. What's better than that??? Not much, I tell ya.

So while we were lounging and Greyson was enjoying Batman cartoons, David and I read. I love that we can lay around and read together, and it's totally comfortable. Like, that's what we do. He has his Nook, I have mine, and we read in peace with breaks to talk and share fun sections of our books.

This past week I finished two books, and how long has it been since I could say that? A while! I knocked off Confessions of a Sociopath by M.E. Nelson and The Last Girlfriend on Earth: Stories by Simon Rich.

Late in the week, I started Soonchild by Russell Hoban for a buddy read with a group of my bloggy friends who were nice enough to ask me to join them! I managed to finish it up on Saturday morning, and I'll be writing a review of it soon.

I'm currently reading The Crimson Petal and the White, by Michael Faber, along with Heather (re-reading, listening) and Patti from Peppermint PhD. I will be reading it for A WHILE since it's 800'ish pages long. But it does seem like it'll be a quick, enthralling read.

I also dug into the non-fiction choice I've really been itching to read: The Whole Fromage: Adventures in the Delectable World of French Cheese, by Kathe Lison. It's been forever and a day since I read a non-fiction foodie book, and this one fits the bill. I am about halfway through and I adore it! Lison is funny, I love her anecdotes, and the history of France and French cheese is really informative and fun.

Up next: Who knows! Maybe I'll go for another wild card like The Last Girlfriend. It'll probably be something short until I make more headway into The Crimson Petal and the White.

In case you haven't heard, The Estella Society is hosting a readalong of John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. We'll start on July 2 and wrap up on August 13. Read at your own pace and check in when the spirit moves ya! #MeanyRAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik