Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Newbies on the Nook

So what? I might've gone a little crazy trading up books with friends and buying affordable e-books, and now I have a whole SLEW of new stuff on my Nook. Whatcha got to say about it??? Huh? Huh?

Ok, enough defensive. Y'ALL, these are such great-looking books! Even though the sheer amount is slightly embarrassing. In my defense, many of these books have been on my Nook for a while now, but after a software upgrade it magically stopped reading epubs I had imported! So I had to wipe it and start over. What was old is new again, as they say.



The Color Master: Stories by Aimee Bender -- I almost wet myself when Vasilly told me she had a new book coming out.
Hild by Nicola Griffith - From Goodreads: A brilliant, lush, sweeping historical novel about the rise of the most powerful woman of the Middle Ages: Hild. 
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving - A book I did not complete the first time I tried reading it, but this is the choice for our Estella Project Readalong, and I'm looking forward to trying again!



Ready Player One by Ernest Cline has been on my shelves FOREVER. I even met the author, for heaven's sake. But it's still sitting on my shelves unread. I hope having a Nook copy will prompt me to hurry up.
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel is a gift from a sweet friend, and I book I've been interested in for ages.



Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, because how could I resist when I loved Eleanor and Park so much?
Far, Far Away by Tom McNeal isn't getting stellar reviews. Cool premise, but not in a huge hurry.
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan sounds gothicky-awesome.


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater will be my first by her. I skipped the werewolves.
The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan - I hear such good things about Tender Morsels, but given the subject matter, I may start here instead.
Every Day by David Levithan - Truthfully, I have no idea what it's about. Which usually works out well for me.



Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare because my friend Shannon told me to read it.
Splintered by A.G. Howard in spite of the horrendous cover.

While I've been off YA for a while now, it's making a comeback in my stacks! I'm looking forward to all of these goodies. Now let's see how long it takes me to get them read!

What's new on your e-reader or your TBR? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik