Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Summer TBR Books

Today's prompt for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is "summer TBR books." I've written a lot about my newly acquired books of late, but I wanted to give a range of books in my summer TBR. A few of these are review books, others are for challenges or readalongs, while others have just been on my stacks for a hell of a long time!

And we're off!

The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel, came from the publisher, but I also spent a few minutes reading the first few pages of the book. I'm obsessed with the content and the cover, so I expect I'll gobble it up right quick. 

The Illusion of Separateness, by Simon Van Booy, is an ARC I received from a bookstore buddy. I've actually found myself hoarding Van Booy's work but not reading it because I don't want there to NOT be a Van Booy novel or collection waiting for me on my shelves!!! I'll probably read this one and continue to hoard Love Begins in Winter

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley, is a "frequent flyer" from the library. I've checked it out digitally a couple of times without reading it. Then I checked out the print version...still unread. I expect I'll download this one onto the new Nook, and I am DETERMINED to read it before summer is up.

The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller, is one of those books that's just been on my stacks too damn long. I downloaded it ages ago with the intention to read it right then, but those are famous last words, eh? 

The Ask and the Answer, by Patrick Ness, has to be read soon or I'll lose my mind. I loved The Knife of Never Letting Go, but I needed a breather before starting book two. Not TOO much of a breather, though. 

The Glass Castle, A Prayer For Owen Meany, and The Sparrow are my choices for the Estella Project. I have to have these babies finished by September 1. I'd originally planned to read Kindred, by Octavia Butler, for this project, but I had a hard time getting into it. The others have been on my shelves FOREVER (years), and Owen Meany was voted our readalong pick. 

You're probably familiar with my buddy read of The Crimson Petal and the White, by Michael Faber, since I mentioned it several times before. Enjoying it now!

The Dangers of Proximal Alphabets, by Kathleen Alcott, is admittedly NOT on my physical TBR (or my digital one) yet. It was a recent recommendation from Mercedes at Mercy's Bookish Musings (one of my fave BookTubers!). You should totally go check out her channel and let her influence your book buying, too.

What's on your summer TBR? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik