Sunday, June 16, 2013

TSS - Oldies, but Goodies? Unreadies!

Happy Sunday, folks! It's been a spectacularly bookish weekend. I spent a portion of my Saturday running errands and cleaning house and all that obligatory stuff, but after a delightful lunch with my mom, I came home and spent the rest of the day reading!!! I also recorded some BookTube videos for the week, including the one I'll be sharing in this post.

I've been really talented at ignoring my TBR lately. I've been reading lots of new books (downloads, purchases, ARCs), but I haven't been picking up NEARLY enough of those oft-ignored tomes that have lay in wait for YEARS. So in today's video, I've pulled down some of the books that have been waiting patiently  for my mood to swing their way.

Some of the oldest unread books on my stacks.
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  • Never Let Me Go by Katzuo Ishiguro
  • I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  • The World According to Garp by John Irving
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
  • Oracle Night by Paul Auster
  • The Bell by Iris Murdoch
  • Rebecca  by Daphne DuMaurier
  • The Body Artist by Don DeLillo
Which ones have you read, and what should I pick up first?

Rambles? Got 'em!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik