Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BookTube: July Book Haul, #2

Have you read any of these books? Are you lusting after any of these books? Lemme know.


  1. Whew, I'm glad Picador is letting you keep your kidney! Enjoy your new books!

    1. Me too! It was a close call. ;)

  2. I'm so glad you got your hands on a copy of Havisham, I know you've been itching to read it!

    I think I'd dig that Wolitzer. It sounds like it's right up my alley.

    Hope you end up liking Flight Behavior. I thought it was pretty good. I really liked Dellarobia's character. And yea, the issues were a bit..much? Not that they aren't important but I thought there might be a better way to highlight them.

    Hooray for new books, enjoy!

    1. Me too!!! So so so excited!

      And yeah, I'm hoping I like her stuff. The premise is good, so we'll see about the execution.

      I'll keep ya posted on my thoughts on Flight Behavior.

  3. Havisham arrived in my mailbox the day after I lusted after your picture of it! It's the swooniest, I can't wait to read it.

  4. Havisham will definitely come into my home someday soon! Kingsolver, oh Kingsolver, she does like to write about issues, sometimes with a bit larger sledgehammer than other times. But the woman is a brilliant writer so I always forgive her.

  5. I loved Flight Behavior! Yes, she can be a little bit preachy, but she's an amazing writer. I've read all of her books, with the exception of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It's on my list, though! The Poisonwood Bible is one of my favorites, but I also loved her earlier works. Might be time for a reread of Pigs in Heaven.

    Girl in Translation is also very good. I listened to the audio and thought it was wonderful.

    Both books are reviewed on my blog.

    Love your BookTubes!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik