Monday, July 29, 2013

It's Monday, What are You Reading?

The week before last, I finished six books for the BookTube-a-Thon, and this past week I only finished one book. But, wow, what an accomplishment.

I did not adore Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson, as much as so many bloggers did. It was a slog in parts, and I had issues with it, though I thought the writing was stunning. A full (conflicted) review coming soon!

After I finished Life After Life, I've had a hard time settling on a book. After a few heavies in a row (Owen Meany, et al), I needed some brain candy. I started and finished Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins, for the #minithon yesterday. It did its job and got me reading, though now I'm still having a hard time settling on my next book.

I've almost decided to keep the brain candy rolling and jump right into Lola and the Boy Next Door. It's waiting on my Nook, so we'll see how that shakes out. 

Another option is The Girl You Left Behind, by Jojo Moyes. I loved Me Before You, and I need to finish this one up for review soon.

What are you reading? What do you pick up when you're trying to avoid a slump? 

Visit BookJourney -- awesome host. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik