Friday, July 26, 2013

On Making Lists and Sticking to Them!

Back in mid-June I did a post on the top ten books I'd like to read this summer. I've always been bad at keeping to lists and all, so I figured that Top Ten Tuesday post was just more filler. A wishlist, if you will. But I didn't think I'd stick to it in the slightest because me = fickle.

But guess what?? I'VE READ HALF the list in less than a MONTH!

Sorry, I got all cappy on you, but I've read half of the list in a month!!! What??

That's right kids. I read The Astronaut Wives Club, The Illusion of Separateness, and The Glass Castle each in a day (maybe a few hours more than a day, but pish posh).

The Crimson Petal and the White along with Owen Meany are big ole chunksters, so those were an investment of time, but I DID IT!

I'm so thrilled with myself. And I'm doubly thrilled with myself because not only did I finish these books...I LOVED THEM! These have been some of the best books I've read all year.

Still left on the pile:

I've actually made a start on two of these books already. The Sparrow is waiting for me on my nightstand. I read a few pages and knew I was going to be easily sucked in, so I laid this one aside until I clear up some more obligations. I've also read about 50 pages of The Dangers of Proximal Alphabets, but the writing style demands that I pay more attention, so that one will be saved for a round of weekend reading. Of these remaining titles, I think I'm most likely to NOT finish The Ask and the Answer. I am excited about it, but I know it's going to be an emotional investment. It's gonna make me cryyyy. 

How are you doing on your summer reading list? Did you make one? Are you getting anywhere with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik