Sunday, July 21, 2013

TSS: BookTube-a-Thon Bookgasm

Wow, a lot of reading went on in this house this week! I was participating in the first-ever BookTube-a-Thon...a readathon hosted by bookish folk on YouTube.

Here's what I read:





  • We Have Always Lived in the Castle, by Shirley Jackson (214 pages)
  • Girl of Nightmares, by Kendare Blake (334 pages)
  • Good Riddance, by Cynthia Copeland (224 pages)
  • A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett (245 pages)
  • A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving (400 of 630 pages)
  • Transformations, by Anne Sexton (128 pages)
Total page: 1,545!
Average pages per day: 220. 

Challenges Met:
  • Finished a book over 500 pages (Owen)
  • Read a classic (Transformations, A Little Princess, We Have Always Lived in the Castle)
  • Re-read a book (Transformations)
  • Read a book that had been on my shelves forever (A Little Princess, Owen)
This is a staggering amount of reading for me to do in a week. Given, lots of short to mid-length books, but a couple of regulars in there too -- Owen, Girl of Nightmares. The BookTube-a-Thon continues through today, but I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done. My eyes are a bit shredded from this week's undertakings. 

How's your day going? Did you have a good reading week? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik