Friday, August 02, 2013

Bout of Books is Coming!

Bout of Books
What is it?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
No idea what I'm going to read but I will be reading SOMETHING. :) And the Dog Days of Summer Readathon is the weekend before this one, so you might as well make it an extended readathon. :)



19 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so excited for Bout of Books. It's so much fun. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It's going to be so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw hell. I was already thinking about doing it. With you joining, it's a no-brainer. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, glad you're giving..err, joining in. :D

      Delete
  4. So excited for this one. I'm even hosting a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'll be sure to check out your challenge.

      Delete
  5. Hooray, hooray! I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm signing up for both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! This will be my first Bout of Books. Looking forward to it and glad you're going to be joining too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for newbies! Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  8. Yay! I wish I could do the Dog Days too, but I'm going to a wedding that weekend. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Wish you could join us!

      Delete
  9. My success with readathons has been nonexistent. However every time I see other bloggers signing up and getting excited, I feel this pull to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. I do the same thing with all bookish events.

      Delete
  10. Hallo, Hallo!

    I discovered your blog threaded through the sign-ups for Bout of Books, and I am enjoying the books that you gravitate towards, which is why I'll be dropping by your blog during the Bout! I also noticed today your taking part in *Austen in August!* I sort of fell behind on my goals for where I wanted to be, but I am still enjoying my experience! It will be my first bout by the way! Its all quite exciting, now that I can participate in blogosphere events + challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik