You GUYS, I'm so excited! My favorite reading event (in addition to the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon) is upon us! That's right. It's time for Carl's Readers Imbibing Peril (RIP) event. And it's in its EIGHTH year!!!
I've had my Peril Pool of reading material ready for days, just waiting for Carl to pull the trigger (har har!) on this event.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte, which I'm reading in September for the Septemb-Eyre event as well. This one is hosted by Entomology of a Bookworm, and it just happens to fall into the RIP VIII timeframe. Two birds, one stone and all that.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Athur Conan Doyle
- Geek Love, by Katherine Dunn
- The Angel Maker, by Stefan Brijs
- Full Dark, No Stars, by Stephen King
- Dracula, by Bram Stoker - Reading with Brooke in October
- Burning Your Boats: The Collected Short Stories of Angela Carter
- And not pictured, of COURSE I'll be reading The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova, since The Estella Society is hosting the Peril of the Group Read this year!
I hope you'll put on your brave pants and read The Historian with us. It weighs in at 700ish pages, but I know we can do it!!! Sign up HERE.
I will be embarking upon Peril the First, to read four RIP-worthy selections. Probably more. I may also jump in on the Peril of the Short Story since I have a couple of collections in my Peril Pool anyway.
What are you looking forward to for this year's RIP VIII?