Sunday, August 18, 2013

TSS - Dog Days of Summer Readathon Check-In!


Good morning, bloggedy bloggers! This weekend I've been reading for the Dog Days of Summer Readathon, and what fun we've had! It's been a relatively small group, in comparison to something like the 24 Hour Readathon, but still tons of fun and frivolity and discussion. 

If you'd like to check in or wrap up your reading, check out the post at The Estella Society. 

So far I've read three books:


Arabel and Mortimer by Joan Aiken -- this series was a fave of mine beginning in 5th grade! I still love them. Arabel and her pet raven, Mortimer, get in all kinds of trouble. If you like Roald Dahl you'd probably like these books, and they're illustrated by the same gentleman who did the Roald Dahl classics, Quentin Blake. 

George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl -- another fave from childhood. I loved Matilda when I was young, but this one is another silly fave. George concocts a "medicine" for his crotchety grandmother with silly results. 

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson -- Perhaps I should've saved this one for RIPVIII, but I couldn't wait!!! Creepy and wonderful. Review coming soon. 

I still have a pretty sizeable chunk of the day before Greyson comes home, so I'm planning to read...

 

The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett -- This has been my "putting Greyson to bed" book lately. He likes for me to sit with him until he goes to sleep, so I've been reading this one while he's going to sleep in 15-30 minute bits all week. I can finish it off in no time. 

Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto -- This book came this week from paperbackswap.com and I can't wait to read it. Two short stories in one volume by one of Japan's most celebrated authors. 

The Sunday Salon is an opportunity to share your Sunday reading with others via a Facebook group. Jump in! It's fun! 

Also, here's a video update about #ddsummer if that's your bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik