Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wrapping Up and Tapped Out!

Well hello there! I sort of disappeared over the weekend without actually meaning to, and whether y'all noticed or not, I've been a bit out of touch this first half of the week, too! Replies to comments? What??

Greyson came home from his daddio's house on Sunday afternoon, and as of Sunday night he was crankin' a 102 fever. Eeek! Needless to say, I took him to the doctor on Monday morning, and as it turns out he has some strain of pink eye that causes fever, too. Or that's all she could figure, anyway. So it stayed high through Monday and Monday night, and Tuesday we saw some improvement. As I'm writing this, I'm curious if it'll continue to go down or if we'll be home again on Wednesday!

I've been working at home as best I can, and as you might imagine, there hasn't been a ton of reading going on. Even when Greyson is sick he's usually in good spirits which means he'll play play play and then CRASH. Keeps me on my toes...that's for certain!

One minute he looks like this.
Then this. That's my mom, btw. 

So, on the to wrap-up part of this post.

I am very proud to announce that I finished up my commitments for the Estella Project! I read three books from the Estella Project list which was compiled when our readers submitted their "best of the best" book choices. While I had originally intended to include Kindred in this list, I bumped it when we decided to group-read Owen Meany.

And in my opinion, the Estella Project was a rousing success. I rated all of these books 5/5 stars on Goodreads!!! I would consider The Glass Castle amidst the best memoirs I've ever read. And I have inducted Owen Meany and The Sparrow into my all-time favorites list! 

As we bookworms know, that doesn't happen every day, and for me it happened twice in one summer. That's some good readin'. 

There's a written review of The Sparrow coming soon, but in the meantime, here's a gushing vlog about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik