Sunday, September 15, 2013

TSS - A Bookish Anniversary

David and I are celebrating our one-year-back-together anniversary today. Actually, we celebrated yesterday since he's back at his house today. We caught a showing of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, which was really fun, and we ate some German chocolate brownies. Nom!

The real surprise of the day came when David gave me my anniversary gift. He'd been telling me for a couple of weeks now that he was making me something. The way he described it, I pictured fingerpaints and markers and glitter, but not so!


He is BRILLIANT! He found a tutorial for dissecting a book so as to remove the cover in one piece. He placed a towel between the book spine and a very hot iron and ironed until the glue released. Then he framed my favorite Penguin Threads cover, The Wizard of Oz, where I can proudly display it! 

He knows I am a total sucker for these Threads covers, and the Oz one is definitely my fave. He also framed another one, but the glass broke this past week, so I'll get that one another time. Can't wait to see which one he chose! 

He also knew I'd probably flip out if I didn't have a physical copy of the book, so he's dissecting books that he bought, but that I already own copies of so I have one to read and touch and love and one to display. 


Isn't that SO clever!? I thought it was a great idea, and it's definitely gorgeous. I can't wait to hang it!

If you'd like to join The Sunday Salon, check out the Facebook group






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik