Sunday, September 01, 2013

TSS - Forceful Reading

The Sunday Salon is meant for book discussion! Find the FB group HERE.

So, you know how I mentioned my kickass August reading in my previous post??? It was amazing. And I actually added one more book to my list of finished books yesterday. This is where the title of this post comes in.


I forced myself to finish The Other Typist yesterday. Not a fan. NOT a fan. There will be a full review coming soon, chock-full of civil distaste, but for now I'm lacking civility. 

So, onward and upward, as they say. 


And here's my first #Estellagram photo for the month. A bookselfie! I think Jane can help me get over my disappointment in The Other Typist.

Cheers to September reading!

12 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so curious to read your thoughts! I have a copy but haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe there's a reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to TRYING to put my thoughts down on this one. So many of the irritations!

      Delete
  2. I'll be watching for your review. I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you!!! And looking forward to writing the review for this one, for sure.

      Delete
  3. You're the first person I've heard say they didn't love The Other Typist. Actually glad to hear it, not for your sake, but I always feel better when I find a negative review. It seems impossible that everyone could love a book; nothing's for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's got a GAZILLION 4 and 5-star ratings on Goodreads. But yeah, didn't really float my boat! I feel like such a curmudgeon when my tastes fall outside the hype. Like I think I might be becoming a crotchety old lady when it comes to super popular books. Unless I read pre-hoohah.

      Delete
  4. Loved The Song of Achilles! I've been staying away from The Other Typist. There were some who liked it but the negative reviews have been scathing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great book! I really enjoyed it. I have yet to see a negative review! I think I'm gonna have to go looking for some.

      Delete
  5. Although the end through me for a loop, I really liked The Other Typist... not love, but seriously enjoyed the narrative voice. It was a read/listen combo and the narrator did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the setting a lot. I'm a sucker for all things 1920s so that was definitely my fave part.

      Delete
  6. Ha, love the selfie you cutie patootie! I've seen mixed reviews on The Other Typist so I'm not surprised that you weren't a super fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I've only seen the good reviews. Feeling like an oddball over here.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik