Thursday, October 10, 2013

A More Diverse Universe RETURNS!

Ohhhh y'all! I missed it last year because life got hectic, but this year I'm all in on A More Diverse Universe, or #Diversiverse! This is the brainchild of Aarti from Booklust, and this is what she had to say about it...

A More Diverse Universe celebrates diversity in speculative fiction by encouraging people to read books in the fantasy or science fiction genres that were written by people of color.  It is so very important to read diversely, to read books by and about and for people who have different life experiences than you.  The fantasy and science fiction genres are especially poorly represented by authors of color.  

Since one of my goals for 2014 is to read more diversely (more on that to come), I figured #Diversiverse is a great place to start! In truth, that's one of the reasons I decided to pick Kindred, by Octavia Butler, back up right now, and I have to say, I am loving it! 

So how about you? Can you pick and read something in the sf genre written by a person of color before November 15th? 

Visit Aarti's post to get some ideas for other books you might want to snap up for this super-fab event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik