Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon, 10/13 Update Post!

IT'S TIME!!!! This will be my update post for the day. I'm planning to be around all day helping out co-hosts, Tweeting, and doing various and sundry tasks before I take over co-hosting at Hour 16. Oh, and I have a challenge to show you at Hour 9. Whew! Anyway, let's start with the opening meme...


Opening Meme



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Northeast of Dallas, TX!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Ohhh, gosh. I am excited to branch out and try some Manga today. Namely, Fruits Basket! 


3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cheese and crackers! Weird and simple, I know, but I'm craving them. I'm also really excited about my dried edamame and veggie chips. 


4) Tell us a little something about yourself! This is my third time organizing and hosting the Read-a-Thon, and my newest bookish project is my BookTube (YouTube) Channel


5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think I nailed the balance of reading and hosting last time, so I'm just  trying to recreate during this one! I even read two or three books last time!



Hour 7


Well hello there! I bet you thought I fell off the face of the Earth, huh? Not so! I've been hovering in the background, logging prize winners, and helping out our co-hosts with some last minute heart attacks. All is well in Read-a-Thonville, though, and I've actually been reading! I finished my first book for the -athon...Kindred, by Octavia Butler. Now I'm on to a graphic novel of some variety. 

How are YOU? 


Mid-Event Survey

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? EYES ARE SO TIRED. I worked on the computer too much yesterday and today the screens are killing me. They seem to refocus when I actually read a book, though. :) 

2) What have you finished reading?
  • Kindred by Octavia Butler
  • Peanut by Ayun Halliday and Paul Hoppe
3) What is your favorite read so far? They're so different, it's hard to choose! Kindred was definitely more involved and thought-provoking. 

4) What about your favorite snacks? I had some kickass spicy pulled chicken (rolled up in a burrito) for dinner with some yummy steamed green beans on the side. Had to get the veggies in there, ya know. 

5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I haven't visited any blogs. I KNOW! I know! I've been too involved in logging prize winners, Tweets, being a helper, and doing a bit of reading. I will go a'visiting after the -athon. 


33 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything. You guys are doing such a great job in organizing and hosting this and I do hope you will get some reading time yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ciska! It was a blast!

      Delete
  2. OMG, you picked a great manga to start with! Fruits Basket is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up not getting to it because my eyes were hurting and the print was small. BUT, I still have it from the library for a few weeks, so I'll get to it!

      Delete
  3. I'm in Dallas too! Cheese and crackers sound yummy. Thanks for co-hosting and organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I can never meet enough Dallas bloggers. :D

      Delete
  4. I am going to have to check out book tube. I haven't heard about it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun! Just go to YouTube.com and search for BOOKS! :D

      Delete
  5. I'm so so thankful for you Andi!!!!! You and Heather are amazing. Enjoy your day today and enjoy your manga :D My current favorite manga is Gate 7 by CLAMP...CLAMP is the absolute best!! They're a group of women who write amazing stories and the most gorgeous art in the world. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude! I'm so thankful for all of you that keep coming back and helping out and make this thing WORK! Thank you for the manga rec! I'm totally clueless. lol

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you have this all together! Good snacks, good books, good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a busy day! Thank you so much for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was suuuuuper busy, but SO MUCH FUN! :D

      Delete
  8. How exciting you're starting into manga; I bet you'll find some new favourite reads. Here's to read-a-thon-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris is right, Andi! You and Heather are so amazing! I'm so glad ya'll are hosting this. Eating healthy during the read-a-thon is always a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha! It was much nicer to eat healthy and not feel like crap by hour 19. LOL

      Delete
  10. How exciting you're starting into manga; I bet you'll find some new favourite reads. Here's to read-a-thon-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read any manga yesterday as I'd planned because it was too small/lightly printed for my eyes. But it's still on my to-do list! :D

      Delete
  11. Great job so far, Andi! I'm really looking forward to your read-a-thon! Thanks! And, btw, cheese and crackers are some of the best snacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! I thoroughly enjoyed my cheese and cracker snack. :D

      Delete
  12. Just checking in to see if you are enjoying yourself and diving into your stack of books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to hear what you thought of Kindred.Octavia Butler may be my favorite writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was AMAZING! I really loved it.

      Delete
  14. My only snack is Starbucks. I didn't plan any other food. Something to learn from for April. Ashley (Closed the Cover)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooo! Definitely stock up in April. :D

      Delete
  15. You are super amazing. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've definitely been busy! Your food sounds so good too. :)

    I'm actually just now getting around to visiting blogs, so no worries that you haven't done that. I think a lot of us have taken the time to just read this year. Twitter has made the "social" aspect a little easier anyway, right?

    Good luck with these later hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has made it easier. That's something we're looking at going forward -- how effective cheering is vs. Twitter. :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik