Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hour 9 BookTube Mini-Challenge!

Image credit. 

Welcome to the #BookTube Mini-Challenge!

You may not know it, but there's a large, prolific community of book lovers at YouTube who share their reviews, TBRs, book hauls and more! Today, we're inviting our BookTube friends into the fold and creating some video of our own!

The Challenge: Create a short (it can be REALLY short) video.

Tools: If you're well-versed at this use what you usually do. If you're new, I recommend Instagram or Vine.

The Task: Use your smartphone or tablet to take a video, especially if you're using Instagram or Vine. You simply need to hold the record button, smile, and talk! Once you've recorded your video, upload to Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube and share your link below.

Here's an example I recorded via YouTube on my iPhone:



Or here's an example of what you can do with Instagram!




Now, are you ready to try?! I can't wait to see! This challenge will run through the end of Hour 11, and I'll pick a random winner from the links below. The winner will choose a prize from the 24hourreadathon.com Prizes Page! If you link your Twitter or Instagram accounts that's fine, as long as I can locate your video! Be sure to tag your video #readathon to help me find it! :)

And the winner is HEATHER at THE SNAKE WRANGLER!!!  Great job! 

12 comments:

  1. Oh man, videos of myself terrify me, but I'll see if I can work up the nerve! Thanks for hosting this mini-challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOY
    this took a lot of courage.
    no one laugh at me.....http://see-steph-run.com/post/63850355560/oh-boy-my-goal-was-to-participate-in-all-the-mini

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did GREAT, Steph!!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    Tamara, you can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, Andi, FYI. lol Logged into the Readathon account accidentally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!!!! I did a quickie on Instagram! I kind of wish I had like 5 more seconds! Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Question: does the video have to include our faces?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not if you're adamantly opposed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I did it! http://leatherjournalthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/hour-9-booktube-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someday I shall be brave enough to book tube... Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Heather!

    just stopping by to say thank you for hosting a mini-challenge. Gina @ BookDragon's Lair

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow didn't even knew I won. Had a fun time doing the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik