Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Monday! Recapping a Good Reading Weekend!

Visit Sheila at BOOKJOURNEY!
I have been SO out of the It's Monday loop lately, and it's good to be back! What that really means is that my reading picked up over the course of the weekend, and I feel like I'm truckin' through books at my usual pace again. Woot!

I finished The Girl You Left Behind, by Jojo Moyes, for my book club this coming Thursday. Just like Me Before You, I had my doubts about this book. WWI? Multiple storylines? But, yeah, Moyes reigns supreme. I loved it. 

Then I dug fully into My Life in France, by Julia Child and Alex Prud'Homme. Just...WOW. I am enjoying this book so so so much. I can definitely hear Julia's voice in this writing, and I have so much more respect for her. Her gumption and drive really didn't come all the way through in her cooking show. This woman is a sparkplug!

Finally, I might've done a little book shopping. Something to the tune of 14 books for $21. Yeah, I needed those like a hole in my head. I'll give you the full scoop tomorrow! 

How was your weekend? Read anything grand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik