Sunday, October 13, 2013

October '13 Readathon - Finis!

Done! Done done done! We lived to tell the tale and to plan another Read-a-Thon for April 2014.  Ha!


  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Umm, oddly enough, I had issues on and off all day. My eyes were seriously killing me from eye strain and allergies, so all the hours on the computer were challenging. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I definitely recommend Kindred by Octavia Butler for a novel, and on the graphic novel side, Will and Whit, by Laura Lee Gulledge or Peanut, by Ayun Halliday. Basically, all the books I read!
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? We will be revamping some of the processes in the coming months in time to roll out for April. Namely, cheerleading and prizes have logistical issues that must be solved. Don't worry! They're not going away. But the way we do things has to shift and change to allow for 500 participants. :) 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Twitter was stinking amazing. Did you see us trending THE WHOLE TIME?! 
  5. How many books did you read? 2 and a piece.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? See above. :D 
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Probably Kindred. It had the most substance, but of the two graphic novels I liked both for very different reasons. 
  8. Which did you enjoy least? NA
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Long story!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Heather and I will be back, planning for April! 
We'll be posting a Read-a-Thon wrap up over at 24hourreadathon.com in the coming days, so don't miss it! We'll see you back in April for the next one! In the meantime, sleep! 


11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It was an awesome day. Thanks for all you do to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Joy! It's always a pleasure to have you involved!

      Delete
  2. How was cuddling with your book covers? #bookcoverslut :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whahaha! It was GOOD! #definitely

      Delete
  3. I have the attention span of a gnat these days so I'm sure I would have struggled with the readathon too. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. I'm having a hard time settling back in to reading. I've had trouble for about a week. Blarg.

      Delete
  4. I saw Heather posting about cans of worms and such. I felt like a rockstar seeing the awesome trending. I'd like to help next year... I even think I could swing it to make it "part of work" at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome, Amanda!!!

      Delete
  5. Yay, I love Kindred :)

    I can't believe we were trending the WHOLE TIME. Way to take over the internet, book bloggers!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? I said at one point it was like the social media Oscars. lol

      Delete
  6. Yippee for Kindred! Great read :D I love that we were trending all day, freaking awesome. I'm kinda dying to hear the cheerleading long story, lol.

    Thanks so much Andi, this event is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik