- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Havisham by Ronald Frame
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Affinity by Sarah Waters
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
Halfway there!!! My drop dead date for these books is December 20, and I've successfully completed (or definitively DNFed) four of these books with another one in the hopper!
And my book club's November pick is...
I'm so excited that I'm making good headway, but with the holidays coming up, some additional reading commitments, and some chunksters left on the list, I'm a little worried!
I think I'll be able to make it through Never Let Me Go with no problem. Same thing with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (by threat of death from Heather). I have the biggest doubts about Kavalier and Clay and Little Women. KC is supposed to be amazeballs, but it's a little intimidating. And let's face it, I haven't ever been able to finish LW. The 19th Wife is chunky, but I bet it'll be a pretty quick read.
Wish me luck! Did you make any fall reading plans? How's it going?