Sunday, November 10, 2013

Birthday Bookish Bash!

Yep, 33 today. It's a good number, I think.

This weekend has been pure joy, and my birthday is actually only just getting started. David came up on Friday night, and brought delicious cupcakes from my fave cupcake place (which is in Waco).

Yesterday we made it a bookish day. We started with a bookstore crawl to the flagship Half-Price Books store, and then on to the big two-story Barnes and Noble in Dallas.

Of course, I picked up a few things...
Hangsaman by Shirley Jackson; Away by Amy Bloom; Maps and Legands by Michael Chabon; The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery; The Quite American by Graham Greene. And some bookmarks, and a couple of books for Greyson. ;)

I kind of behaved myself! OH, and David has ordered me a set of Daphne DuMaurier's novels in Virago hardcover editions. Squee!

We capped off our morning with a delicious lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. It seems like the only time I make it in there is for special occasions. David had the Orange Chicken, I had my favorite, Chicken Romano, and we both indulged in cheesecake. I picked my all-time fave Dulce de Leche, and he splurged on the Pumpkin Pecan Pie cheesecake. It was OMG good. 

I love how David has his forked poised at the ready in the background. ;)

The afternoon was pretty leisurely. We came home, did a little light cleaning, and read for a while. Then we met up with my mom and her boyfriend at a local diner here in town. We had dinner, and the owner--who's known me since I was born--surprised me with a piece of "chocolate upside down pie" and a birthday song from her kitchen staff dressed as bacon and a cheeseburger. No lie! You can only get this stuff in a small town, y'all. ;) 

We retired to my mom's house where there was cake, strawberry margaritas, and David and I won three rounds of Aggravation! I think they went easy on us! 

Today we're off to a combined birthday lunch with Chuck (Greyson's dad) and his wife and all their kiddos. It was her mom's bday this week, too, so we're gathering up to nosh on lasagna. I'll bring G home a little earlier than usual so we have some time to play at the park and generally mess around to cap off this super fantabulous birthday weekend. 

I am truly blessed. Year 33 promises to be a great one with a wedding on the horizon and so many good things in store. Thank YOU all for continuing to visit, comment, and chat with me across social media. 

I *heart* you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik