Sunday, November 17, 2013

Classics Club Spin #4!

So I completely failed the last Classics Club Spin in September/October because I didn't have time to get to 1984 by the time the event was over. I'm trying again with a modified list from last time around.  

Blah

1. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
2. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
4. 1984 by George Orwell (if it gets picked twice, it's fate)
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott


Can't Wait to Read

6. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
9. Roast Beef, Medium by Edna Ferber
10. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - The winner is!

Neutral

11. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
12. Wise Blood by Angela Carter
13. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
14. The Theban Plays by Sophocles
15. Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote

Free Choice 

16. Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
17. The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
18. Dracula by Bram Stoker
19. Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
20. The Outsiders by SE Hinton

The Spinners will pick a random number and post it next Monday, November 18th! Let's do this! 

24 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you get Revolutionary Road because that's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how my heart hurts that you are neutral on ATGiB. *sigh*

    Glad you can't wait for The Woman in White though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it looks like it's sticking! And I got The Woman in White! Yay!

      Delete
  3. We have some of the same books but completely different opinions about them! I'm really excited to read The Awakening but not at all keen on the thought of Cranford.
    I hope we both get something we are excited to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I hope you enjoy whatever you get!

      Delete
  4. You HAVE to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. HAVE To, Andi!! It's such an amazing and funny book. It's a chunkster for sure but it's also a page-turner. I hope you end up with a book you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the first one was pretty short? I know there are four or five total. I think I just have the first. Can't remember, and it's on my Nook. hehe

      Delete
  5. I've given up on the spins. . . I was a Classics Club Spin failure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get The Awakening, The French Lieutenant's Woman (meaty), The Outsiders, The Picture of Dorian Gray, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn(wonderfully sentimental), or Little Women I'm sure you'll like them. I enjoyed reading 1984 and I'm sure you would too. Well at least you don't have Moby Dick on your list. Good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp, I ended up with The Woman in White, which I was already going to be reading anyway. I love killing two birds with one stone! And I have big plans to read Little Women and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn before the end of the year. We'll see how I do!

      Delete
  7. The spin number is up… I loved the book you'll be reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. The Woman in White is the distinguished winner! I was already going to be reading it for the Wilkie in Winter event, so I'm excited to kill two birds with one stone!

      Delete
  9. Whoot! Now you will be way ahead! Look at you all awesome with your reading organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I love the organization part. Now let's see if I can execute!

      Delete
  10. Enjoy The Woman in White!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got The Woman in White! So excited for you :D This winter surely is going to be dominated by Wilkie for you...the best kind of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Definitely. I'm really excited about more Wilkie!

      Delete
  12. I totally forgot about my Classics Club participation, oops! I have so many books to read I tend to forget my classics. :( But now that I've seen a update on Leah's blog and this one on your blog, I'm going to commit myself to read one classic before the year is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that goes. I got off track a bit in October, but I hope I can knock a few more out by the end of the year.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik