Monday, November 25, 2013

Nonfiction November: New to My TBR!


Today's prompt: What nonfiction have you added to your toppling TBR pile this month? Be sure to credit which bloggers you heard about titles from (if you can remember)!  Pop on over to Kim's blog to read more posts in this vein and link up your own posts! 

And with today's post, we wrap up Nonfiction November. I've absolutely eaten this event UP!!! Thanks so much to Kim and Lu for hosting! Now...what have I added to my TBR??? So many I can't even remember. So this is a mish-mash of books actually on my physical TBR and my wishlist. 





Tabloid Love: Looking for Mr. Right in All the Wrong Places, a Memoir by Bridget Harrison is haled as a fun, light nonfiction choice. I got this fantabulous rec from Chels and a Book. Sounds a bit like a real-life Bridget Jones!

Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin is a book that's been on my wishlist for years. It's about a white man in the 1950s who darkens his skin to write about his experience with prejudice. Thanks to Didi for reminding me of this one!

Full Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats by Kristen Iversen is a recommendation from a former teaching partner and buddy of mine. Thanks, Kevin! This is about a girl living in the shadow of a secret nuclear weapons plant once designated "the most contaminated site in America."


The Blueberry Years: A Memoir of Farm and Family by Jim Minick is a recommendation from Lu at Regular Rumination! One of our hostesses for this awesome Nonfiction November soiree. The university where I work actually runs an organic blueberry farm, so this has a special place on my wishlist. 

The Vatican Diaries: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Power, Personalities, and Politics at the Heart of the Catholic Church by John Thavis. Let's just put it out there: I'm totally enamored of the Vatican. I'm not Catholic, but I am fascinated by the history, art, culture, and power! This book is written by a journalist who's been reporting on the inner workings of the Vatican for over 25 years. I cannot, for the life of me, remember who recommended this! If it was you, lemme know! 

What's new on your wishlist or TBR? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik