Monday, November 18, 2013

Nonfiction November: A Winning Pair!

This week's Nonfiction November prompt asks us to choose a fiction book and a nonfiction book that would make an appropriate pairing. It took a little brain wracking, but I've actually come up with two pairs! Bonus!

I was bound and determined to find a match for Empty Mansions! I'm reading and loving it right now. So why do these two beauties jive? Rebecca is a novel of both wealth and intrigue. It's stuffed to the brim with mystery. Same goes for Empty Mansions, as Huguette Clark was shrouded in mystery and she was most certainly rich. While the time periods on these are different (Empty Mansions spans a century), they are both intriguing, atmospheric reads full of wealth and scandal. 

I hated Gone Girl, I really did, but I couldn't help but think of it and ponder it a bit more when I read M.E. Thomas's Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight. The characters in Gone Girl definitely have sociopathic tendencies (ok, Amy is all the way there), so this is a natural pairing. 

You can get your Nonfiction November fix over at Regular Rumination this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik