With Christmas just around the corner, I'm always in the market for books for Greyson. He may not ask for them. He may not list them himself when I ask what he wants, but by God, the kid is getting some books.
Don't get me wrong...he loves to sit and read books with me, and he loves to "read" them back, but he's quite picky about his picture books, and he most definitely goes through phases where we read the print off the pages and then maybe not pick one up for a week or two (at home...they read every day in pre-school).
Some of his faves so far:
- Bears in the Night by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judy Barret
- Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman
- Red and Yellow's Noisy Night by Josh Selig
We already own a lot of classic children's books like Where The Wild Things Are and Dr. Seuss books because of my own time studying children's and adolescent literature in grad school. Greyson's individual tastes seem to run toward...
- Books that repeat (like Brown Bear, Brown Bear)
- Super colorful books with big, yummy illustrations
- Books that he can easily repeat or "read" back to me (see Bears in the Night and Go, Dog. Go!)
- Books about animals
All recommendations are welcome!