Thursday, November 28, 2013

This Week's Reading Update

Happy Thanksgiving!

Admittedly, this post is tooootally pre-scheduled. The truth of the matter is that I'm running around like a crazy person today with a 3-year-old in tow! I hope all my American buddies who celebrate Thanksgiving are having a great day. And I hope everyone else is, too! Now, on to the reading update...

Last week it was in the 70s in Texas, and this weekend we saw temps in the 30s! In fact, there was a good chance we'd be out of school--or at least delayed--on Monday due to a "winter weather event." Didn't happen.

David and I spent much of the weekend hunkered down trying to keep warm. We went out mid-morning on Saturday to do some grocery shopping, but that's about all she wrote. The rest of the day was devoted to home cooking, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Dexter and reading!

This weekend I finished...

Review coming soon, but rest assured, I really liked this one. 

I dug into...

I've tried and failed to finish this book multiple times over the years, but for whatever wonderful reason, it's really sticking this time. I whizzed through 200 pages over the weekend, so I hope to finish it up pretty quick. 

And on Sunday night, I tried a few different book options before I decided on Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook, by Anthony Bourdain. I needed a new Nook book since I polished off Empty Mansions, and this one seemed like just the thing. 

What are you reading right this very minute (besides this blog)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik