Friday, November 01, 2013

Wilkie in Winter!!!! Readalongs and Stuff!


It's time! It's time! Today The Estella Society (Heather and I, along with Amanda from Fig and Thistle!) announced the Wilkie in Winter event! Here's the dirt...

1. A readalong of The Frozen Deep from December 21-January 7 with discussion at the end. 

2. A readalong of The Woman in White from January 13-February 24 with this discussion schedule: 
  • Epoch 1 – January 27
  • Epoch 2 – February 10
  • Epoch 3 – February 24
If these picks are not your bag, feel free to read ANY Wilkie and link-up to the sign-up post with your thoughts! Twitter chat it up with the tag, #WilkieWinter

We'd love to have you! 

21 comments:

  1. Looks like Wilkie is getting a lot of love this winter. I may have to join you in The Frozen Deep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilkie is getting a lot of love! I wanted to join your event as well, but I'm afraid I'll burn myself out. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been wanting to read Woman in White for a while so I'm in for that one. Will see if the library has The Frozen Deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library doesn't own a copy but it's free for Kindle. Whoop!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever read any Wilkie. Both of these books sound fantastic, and I hope to read both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad you can join us! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Wilkie Collins and The Woman in White is one of my favourite books! I haven't read The Frozen Deep yet so I might want to join in with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!!! I'm glad you're considering it, Helen!

      Delete
  6. I just asked my daughter, "Have you heard of Wilkie Collins? He wrote The Woman in White." And she handed me the book. So I may be signing up for the read-along. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES PLEASE. I will read my nice copy of Woman in White, with the watercolor illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, pretty! I have a Penguin English Library edition that's calling to me.

      Delete
  8. Maybe I'll join in on one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you have a chance, Rebecca!

      Delete
  9. I may try to join The Frozen Deep - haven't read that one and would love to read more Wilkie Collins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It sounds really good and atmospheric. :)

      Delete
  10. I have The Woman in White and would love to join you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik