Adam from Roof Beam Reader is hosting the 5th annual TBR Pile Challenge, and for the first time ever in the history of this blog, I think I might not fail miserably!
You see, in years gone by I've done terrible at making lists and sticking to them. Especially when it comes to the TBR. But as you already know I turned a corner this year by starting to make seasonal TBR piles for myself. I've decided to up the ante in 2014 by doing the seasonal stacks of 10 books IN ADDITION to 14 books for the overall year for this TBR Challenge. Things are getting cray up in here!
The pile consists of 12 books, and I'll have two alternates below.
- Love Begins in Winter by Simon Van Booy
- Geisha, a Life by Mineko Twasaki
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- What is the What by Dave Eggers
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote
- Wise Children by Angela Carter
- The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster
- Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show by Frank Delaney
- The Contract with God Trilogy by Will Eisner (graphic novel)
And my two alternates:
Both 1984 and Roast Beef, Medium are from my Classics Club list as well.
I am SO PROUD of myself for knocking off so many of my TBR books this year. It's something I've wanted to do for ages, and to actually be following through is a THRILL! I'm gonna keep this party right on going.
Do you have any specific books on your TBR for 2014?