It's been a very bookish Christmas, friends! Thanks to my blogging buddies, that is. The fam never really knows what to buy for me by way of books, but you guys really helped make it a bookish Christmas! You can view the video above, or here's a little commentary about the goodies I received!
Heatheroo hooked me UP! A box of goodies arrived today with...
- Sleep Pale Sister by Joann Harris
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Blue Plate Special: An Autobiography of my Appetites by Kate Christensen
- AND a gorgeous gold braided scarf, "You Rock" magnet, and bookmark!
Lydia from The Literary Lollipop also made my season with a box of curated books just for me! She was inspired by Book Riot's Quarterly and Powell's Indispensible. After giving it some thought, she picked three perfect books for me...
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte is totally appropriate since I read Charlotte Bronte earlier in the year. I need some Anne in my life.
- Kamouraska by Anne Hebert is a Canadian classic that falls right in line with my wish to read diversely in 2014.
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion is the only book I've read from this collection, but I'm eager to re-read!
Allison from The Book Wheel participated in a Secret Santa exchange with me and sent not only a copy of The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom, but also three GORGEOUS Penguin postcards!
A buddy of mine from work is a fellow reader, and he treated me to a copy of In the Woods by Tana French.
In addition to the books, my family REALLY hooked me up!
- David upgraded my laptop hardware so it boots up in 42 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes. He also got me two beautiful scarves...one purple and one royal blue.
- My mom gave me a humongous bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Fresh perfume, an owl iPhone cover, and an owl statement ring.
- Chuck, Michelle, and their family gave me an owl journal, owl clips, and a scarf. And yummy Christmas treats!
And if there's anything else, I am having a brain drain moment and can't remember. Eeek! It's been such a blessed Christmas in so many ways. The gifts are just the cherry on top. :)
Did you receive any great books this holiday season?