Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Monday! The Reading is GOOD!

Top o'the mornin' to ya! I don't have to go back to work until Thursday, so I'm enjoying this last stretch of lazy days. Greyson came home from Chuck's last night, and we've been relaxing and doing whatever we feel like. For him, that means playing with Christmas toys and PocketGod on my tablet, and for me it means cracking the spine on a few more books before the new year rolls around.


Right now I'm reading Monsters of Men, by Patrick Ness. Most likely I will polish it off today. It was really important to me to finish off the Chaos Walking series before year's end because it's one of those series that really deserves to be gobbled up and not stretched out over time and forgotten. 

This will probably be the last book I can squeeze in to 2013, so my first book of 2014 will probably be one of these...


I resolved my little issue of not knowing what to read for Jazz Age January! I have Libba Bray's The Diviners waiting on my Nook along with Bright Young Things by Anna Godberson. I think I'm in the mood to read a book set in the 20s rather than written in the 20s. Right now I'm leaning toward The Diviners, based on the sample I whipped through. I've become interested in books about Spiritualism since I read Affinity, by Sarah Waters, earlier in the year. 

And of course I'll be reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins for the upcoming Wilkie in Winter discussion. I'll shut up about it as soon as it's over. Promise!

There are also several books I have left to review from 2013. 



Stay tuned for my Best of 2013 posts coming later this week! In the meantime, are you cramming in a book or two more before the end of the year? 


Hosted by the illustrious Sheila from BookJourney!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik