Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Requesting Recommendations: Short Books

As much as I love an epic chunkster that can pull me in for the long haul, I admire short books that pack a wallop. As far as the craft of writing goes, there's something incredibly admirable about a short novel or novella that can knock you on your proverbial ass even in its brevity.

Some of my favorite short books:

Beasts by Joyce Carol Oates  has 138 pages, We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson is the chunkiest at 213, and The Suicide Shop by Jean Teule weighs in at 169. And they are all amazing and clever and atmospheric and I would put them up against any longer novel.

So tell me, what are your favorite short books? What should I add to my wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik