Sunday, December 08, 2013

The Sunday Salon - A Very Bookish Weekend

Hey kids! So Texas has been blanketed by ice since Thursday night, and I haven't been out of the house since then! To some this might equal a wicked case of cabin fever, but I've been happy as a clam to stay in grading papers, cooking good food, wrapping gifts, and reading, of course.


While I considered abandoning it, I'm actually still trucking through Little Women. I was originally trying to finish this by December 20 since it's part of my fall TBR, but realistically, this is one of those books I'll read in smaller chunks for a longer time period. I expect I might finish it by the end of the month. We'll see.

I also read Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata this weekend. It was ok. I'll tell you more about it in an upcoming review.

And finally, I decided to pick up a slim book since I feel a bit like I'm drowning in chunksters for December. I am really enjoying The Wife by Meg Wolitzer and I'll betcha I finish it by this evening. This is my first Wolitzer book, though I own several others, and I'm really digging her sharp, witty writing.

What have you been reading this weekend? 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik