Sunday, December 22, 2013

TSS - Fall TBR Reading Results

The end of fall has passed (yesterday), and here's how I handled my 10-book Fall TBR.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - DNF! I already know the big ending, and it ruined the enjoyment for me. 

I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith - Loved it!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith - Loved it!

Havisham by Ronald Frame - DNF! Couldn't handle the overly choppy writing.

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan - Loved it!

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon - Fail! Did not get to this one. 

The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff - Fail! Did not get to this one either. 

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Still working my way through this slower read. 

Affinity by Sarah Waters - Loved it!

Kindred by Octavia Butler - Loved it!

So out of the 10 books, I completed or DNFed seven of them--and it'll be eight when I finish Little Women.  I'm totally happy with this, as the ultimate goal of my seasonal TBRs is to read or DNF (and get rid of) these books. So the DNFs are out the door, and the unreads go back on the stack! But it's seven TBR books I probably wouldn't have gotten around to otherwise. WINNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik