Thursday, December 05, 2013

Virtual Advent, Day 5: Yummy in My Tummy!

I always look SO forward to the Virtual Advent Tour, and I'm tickled pink to be on it again! Two years ago I shared my Pecan Pie Muffin recipe, and this year I'm sharing another holiday staple! Sausage dressing! Because if you're from the South, and the stuffing is not stuffed into anything, it's called dressing. There ya go.

Andi's Don't Mess With Texas Sausage Dressing
  • 1 pound of pork sausage, browned
  • 1 box of herb-flavored Stove Top or other stuffing mix, prepared
  • 2 cans of chicken (or veggie) broth of your choice
  • 1 package of cornbread, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 slices of sandwich bread (white, wheat, whatev), also crumbled
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 medium white or yellow onion, sauteed
  • a handful of celery, sauteed (I never put this in)
  • salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste -- I usually add a bit of poultry seasoning for some extra sage flavor
Pour all of your ingredients (minus the broth) into a bowl the size of a wheelbarrow. Mix it all around until it's combined and the breads are nicely crumbled. Add broth until your mixture is pretty darn wet (I usually use 1.5 cans of broth). 

Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and cook on 350 for about 45 minutes. 

This dressing is soooo yummy! The Stove Top adds most of the seasonings you'll need, and the sausage is a little extra savory kick. It's perfection, if you ask me. If you'r especially fond of additional ingredients like boiled eggs or sauteed carrots, go ahead and add them! It'll just make this dressing even more delicious and tailored to your tastes.

Sadly I don't have a picture of this one, but just imagine me making this silly joyful face when it comes out of the oven! 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik