Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Andi's Favorite Non-Fiction in 2013

Wishing you all a VERY bookish, awesome, peaceful new year! And now, on to the faves. Because there can never be too many faves, right? 

While I decided not to go with 10 non-fiction picks, it was really hard to narrow down.

My Life in France by Julia Child gave me a new respect for this iconic figure.

Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain reinforced the fact that Bourdain has still got it! Snark and smarts in spades.

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls was one of the most power memoirs I've ever read, and it makes me thankful that my family is not crazy.

The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel is not just a portrait of the space program and the women behind it, but also a portrait of the era.

Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell, Jr. boggles the mind. So many riches but so much pain.

Relish by Lucy Knisley cements her place as one of my favorite comics artists and memoirists The recipes and the stories are just lovely.

Which non-fiction books are you recommending from your reading this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik